Westminster Office
House of Commons, Westminster, London, SW1A 0AA
0207 219 4931
Constituency Office
Office 1, The Old National School, 62 North Street, Bourne, PE10 9AJ

Elected representatives are there to provide help and advice to residents on a range of issues, but it is important to understand where best to go to get your issue resolved since there are different representatives for different issues within your area.

The country is split into 650 parliamentary constituencies, each elects a Member of Parliament to represent their area in the House of Commons. Grantham and Stamford constituency is represented by Gareth Davies MP and has a population of over 81,000 people. MPs are focused on national policy issues and as such are only responsible for matters concerning our national parliament in Westminster and areas of responsibility of the central government.

Many local issues are the responsibility of our County Council and District Councils. The towns and villages within the parliamentary constituency of Grantham and Stamford are represented by Lincolnshire County Council who cover the whole of Lincolnshire and are an incredibly important provider of local services.

Lincolnshire is then divided into several districts and within our area, we have South Kesteven District Council who are responsible for many other local services.

Lincolnshire County Council are responsible for:

• Local education

• Highways and roads

• Transport planning

• Social Care

• Waste Disposal

• Strategic Planning

If you require help or advice with one of these areas:


call: 01522 552222

write: Lincolnshire County Council, County Offices, Newland, Lincoln, LN1 1YL


South Kesteven District Council are responsible for:

• Local housing issues

• Leisure and recreation

• Environment health issues

• Waste collection

• Local planning applications

• Local taxation

If you require help or advice with one of these areas:

email: Online enquiry

call: 01476 40 60 80

write: SKDC, St Peters Hill, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 6PZ


Members of Parliament are responsible for:

• Tax queries involving the HM Revenue and Customs Department (HMRC) and other HM Treasury issues

• Issues with benefits, pensions and National Insurance within the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)

• Immigration and other issues dealt with by the Home Office

• Issues with hospitals and the NHS

• Issues related to the Department for Education, such as academy status and educational grants

• Issues related to national environmental or agriculture policy

MPs are unable to settle private disputes with neighbours or employers and they cannot interfere with decisions made by the courts or offer legal advice.

If your concern is not local in nature and concerns central government policies then you should contact your MP.